Monday, January 6, 2014

I'm pregnant!

I had to leave school early for my 8 week appointment.  I told my kindergartners that I would be leaving a little early so I could go to a doctor's appointment, but I was okay.  I told them another teacher would be coming in to be with them until school got out.  Many of the boys were excited that a "boy teacher" would be there. As I left many of the students came up to me and gave me hugs.  I couldn't move, so many of them were surrounding me.  I wanted to tell them, I'm having a baby!  This is a check up for the baby.  But I didn't know if was a viable pregnancy (though it sure felt like one), so I didn't say anything.  I just told them that I needed to go or I'd be late for my appointment.  

A parent was volunteering in my classroom when I left.  She sent me an email and told me one of my little boys cried the whole time I was gone because he missed me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment