Tuesday, August 16, 2011

24 Weeks

I began wearing more maternity clothes and less pre-maternity clothes.  I only had 2 non maternity skirts that still fit.  I no longer had to wear a maternity belly band to keep my pregnancy clothes up.  The more I wore my pregnancy clothes, the more students started noticing my growing belly.

I had other friends who were pregnant during the same time I was pregnant.  One friend was 2 months ahead of me and the other was 2 weeks behind.  I looked at pictures these two friends on Facebook and they both were swollen.  I was dreading the day it would happen to me.

6th Grade Girl #1: You can see you stomach now.
Me: Yes, she is getting bigger.  Only 3 months left
6th Grede Girl #1: Really?
Me: Just about.
6th Grade Girl #2: Mrs. Gardner, you still don't look like your pregnant.  Your stomach looks the same.
Me: Really?  Because I don't fit any of the pants I wore before Thanksgiving.
6th Grade Girl #2: But you look so skinny.
6th Grade Girl #2: You're so pretty Mrs. Gardner.
Me: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment