Friday, May 6, 2011

Is the Baby Hungry?

I like to teach by exmaple.  I don't let students eat or drink in the computer lab and therefore I do not either (at least when they are in the room).  I want them to know that I think the rule is so important that I follow that rule too. 

However, being pregnant, if I need to eat, I will eat.  So if I need a quick snack to tide me over before class is over I will eat something in class.  I told the students that the baby needs to eat and I can't wait.  The only way the baby can eat is if I eat something too.

Now, whenever the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd graders see me eating on campus (in or out of the classroom) they ask me, "Did the baby want an apple?" "Is you baby wanting some crackers?"  "Mrs. Gardner, is your baby hungry?"  I just answer yes every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment