Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Can I touch your stomach?

March 28, 2011 When I was 17 weeks along

A second grade girl asked me if she could feel my stomach. 

I like it when they ask and I try to remember to thank them for asking.  I want them to learn that you can't just walk up to someone and touch their stomach, that it is polite to first ask for permission and wait for the permission to be granted.  However, this time I forgot to thank her for asking. 

I told her she could and she put her hand on my rib cage and asked if it was kicking.  I moved her hand to my belly button and told her that it probably was moving around, I just don't feel it yet.  I was amazed that another child had the wrong idea as to where the baby was located. 


I knew I was not showing much, but I was showing. . . I had a bump. If someone didn't know I was pregnant, I just looked like I was getting fat. One would think they would assume the baby was where the bump was growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment